Friday, June 5, 2015

HB2U
     This is a birthday card and not a Halloween card, but there is a story behind this card as to why I made it.  This is a birthday card for my oldest son(43 yrs old) I never realized how afraid he was of spiders until his wife told me a story about when he thought there was a spider on him and how he reacted to it.  Now mind that  he is an Eagle Scout and when he was in the Scouts he did a lot of camping outdoors and to think of all the kinds of bugs that were out there. He  goes camping with his son who is in the scouts nowSo I thought this would be a cute idea to make a card with spiders. Anyway I hope he thinks it is funny. I know his wife and kids will.




4 1/2 X 5 1/4

Materials:
Cardbase- Recollection cardstock
Pattern Paper- Scrap box
Spiders-Potpourri Basket cricut cartridge
Stickles
Google eyes
Sentiment- Scrappy Moms stamp set
Action wobble

Challenge Entered:
MoJo Monday- Sketch
DL Art- June Linky


Would love to hear your comments
Have a great day

11 comments:

  1. Oh how FUN Marilyn!!! I'm sure your son will get a kick out of it!!! LOL It's super cute! I'm with him though... I don't like spiders either! LOL Have a great weekend! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that! Super cute! Thanks for joining in the fun over at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card Marilyn, hopefully he'll find it funny too :-) The spider you used as a prop next to the card looks so real, I would scream if that one was included in a card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teehee, cute card and love that the spider is on a wobble :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the background story. Cute card, perfect for a fella, and sure to bring a laugh & some fond memories. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ellibelle, Tracy and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh Marilyn, this card is a hoot! I hope your son thinks it is a hoot too. lol I love that you put the spider on the inside on an action wobble. Love it! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card. Love the spider and how you put in on wobble. I know you son loved it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure your son will be a bit frightened, but get a good laugh too! Something I would do to my son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Brenda, Nana,and Georgiana

    ReplyDelete